1. To raise and train Home Guards and Civil Defence volunteers as per authorized strength and make them available as and when situation demands.
2. To develop infrastructure and procure equipments for the District and Battalions setups.
3. To administer the ASRF and AISF battalions and keep them effectively deployed on the assigned duties.
4. To bridge the gap in the demand from the industrial units of the State by raising more AISF.Bns.
5. To develop the Central Training Institute, Panikhaiti as Multi Hazard Training Institute.
1. Raising and enrollment of Home Guards and Civil Defence volunteers.
2. Building infrastructures and procure equipments.
3. Training of volunteers and regular recruits of the department, the SDRF & F&ES personnel.
4. Administration of the organization, budgetary provisions and maintaining financial discipline.